The Consortium of NLUs releases the date for the application form for CLAT; the candidates who want to apply for this exam can do it by visiting the admission portal of CNLU. CLAT is for students who wish to get admission in Law courses offered by the 22 participating NLUs. If you want to streamline your preparation process, you should sign up with BYJU’S Exam Prep, as they provide students with the study material, syllabus and notes, all in one place.
CLAT 2022: Eligibility Criteria
Here is the eligibility criterion for the CLAT exam-
- The educational requirement for undergraduates is that they should be at least 12th pass; the prospect requires 45% minimum marks. In the case of SC or ST, the candidate must have scored at least 40% marks. The best part is that there is no age limit to apply for the CLAT exam. Click here to know further details on CLAT.
- The educational requirement for postgraduates is that they should be a 3 year LLB or 5 years integrated LLB if they want to opt for LLM. At least 50% minimum marks are required for applying for CLAT. However, there is an ease of 5% for SC/ST; therefore, they only need 45% minimum marks for applying for the CLAT exam. There is no age limit to apply for the CLAT exam.
How to fill out the CLAT 2022 Application Form?
Filling the CLAT application form is pretty easy and quick. Here are the various steps for filling the form-
Step 1- You need to visit the official website of CLAT, i.e. consortiumofnlus.ac.in. for filling out the form
Step 2- Here, you will see CLAT; click on it and open the registration page.
Step 3- You need to fill out the form by entering your personal details such as name, email ID, and mobile number; click on submit after entering the details.
Step 4- They will send an OTP on your registered mobile number and email address
Step 5- Go to the CLAT login page again and enter the OPT for completing the registration.
Step 6- Fill out the application form- Once you complete the registration process, now comes the main part of filling the form. It comprises five divisions: personal information, communication particulars, qualifying examination details, preference and registration.
Step 7- Fill in the details carefully and submit your application form; ensure to read it twice to avert any error.
Step 8- To complete the application, you will have to pay the fee. The fee for the general category is Rs.4,000, and for SC and ST, it is Rs.3500. You can pay it through net banking, credit or debit card.
Documents required for CLAT Application Form
You also need a few documents to submit with the form, which are-
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates
- BPL certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of your photo and signature
This was about the CLAT exam and the minimum percentage required for filling the form. For making your preparations painless, register with BYJU’S Exam Prep, as they have high-end study material to help achieve your goal of clearing the CLAT exam.