Ida is a victim of a tropical Strom. Flash flooding can cause serious damage to the lives of people and property.
Ida has become a tropical storm with sustained winds up to 60 mph.
Through Monday, the primary threat will be flash flooding that can cause severe flash flooding. However, dangerous storm surges and tornadoes are still possible.
The storm surge warning was canceled from Morgan City to Grand Isle, Louisiana. The tropical storm and hurricane warnings have been canceled west of Grand Isle in Louisiana.
All areas that were still under hurricane warnings have been replaced by a tropical storm alert, which stretches from Grand Isle to Grand River.
This includes Lake Pontchartrain and Lake Maurepas, as well as the New Orleans metro.
- Get ready for Hurricane Ida’s impact on Tennessee.
- Find out the flood risk in your area.
- Prepare a plan for Flash Flood Warnings and evacuations.
- You have multiple options to get weather information and updates.
- Download the ReadyTN app, or any app providing weather updates to your smartphone.
- NOAA weather radios are able to provide warnings and alerts in your area and can be powered by batteries