One dilemma that aspiring musicians face is when purchasing a violin. Since there are lots of options to choose from, many beginners have a hard time contemplating what to buy. Aside from the type and brand, one crucial consideration is the price itself. Many people are torn between a cheap and expensive violin. Price is a vital factor because quality comes with a price when it comes to instruments. If you’re in the same dilemma, keep reading to know what could be the possible solution to this issue.
Know the difference between an expensive and cheap violin
When it comes to a violin’s pricing, there are factors to consider and you might want to look at them. The first thing that dictates the price of an instrument is the brand itself. There are popular and reputable brands that sell high-end violins. For these brands, quality is their top priority and you won’t have a hard time finding reviews of their instruments online, which can help you decide. Most famous brands offer expensive violins.
The second factor that makes a violin price is the level of playability. For example, a violin for beginners comes at cheap prices, but still, the brand is something you should watch out for. Make sure to choose the best beginner violin that suits your skills and budget. Moreover, for advanced players and violinists, expect that a violin could be expensive depending on the type you want to purchase.
It’s important to know that the main difference between cheap and expensive violins is the quality as well. Manufacturers use different types of materials in crafting violins. Expensive violins are made of durable materials that are costly, while cheap ones are the total opposite of it. Materials also contribute to the quality of the sound of a violin. This is also one factor you might want to consider when distinguishing between cheaper and expensive violins. Expensive violins can offer great sound.
Pros and Cons of Expensive Violin
- You can guarantee it is made with durable materials.
- You can enjoy an excellent body design.
- You can ensure that it is partnered with high-quality accessories.
- You can get a desirable sound and playability.
- Cost-effective in the long run.
- Expensive violins also require expensive parts and accessories.
- Some expensive violins are rare, which could give you a hard time finding parts when it needs replacements.
Pros and Cons of Cheap Violin
- It won’t hurt your pocket
- Some cheap violins also offer quality sound.
- Parts and accessories are cheaper and affordable.
- A cheap violin might have a short life span.
- The sound quality isn’t that good.
There are many factors to consider when you want to explore the prices of a violin. It’s not that straightforward to conclude why this one is more expensive than that one. As mentioned above, factors like material, playability, and brand dictate the price. Before purchasing your violin, it would be better to compare prices first before checking out. But if you want an instrument that you can save money in the long run, go for an expensive one.