Volkswagen Group and Porsche have agreed to form a joint venture that combines Rimac (a Croatian company that produces electric supercars) with Bugatti.
Bugatti-Rimac will manufacture both Bugatti and Rimac cars. Bugatti is part of Volkswagen Group. Porsche also holds a stake in Rimac. Bugatti-Rimac will have its headquarters in Zagreb in Croatia, near Rimac’s existing headquarters. According to Porsche, Bugatti will continue to make cars in Molsheim, France. The announcement stated that Bugatti and Rimac will still be operating as their own car brands, but they will work together to develop new Bugatti models.
Porsche invested in Rimac Automobili in 2018 and currently holds a 24% share. Porsche will own 45% of Bugatti RImac, while Rimac will have the remaining 55%. Volkswagen Group, its parent company is transferring Bugatti to the new joint venture.
Oliver Blume, Porsche Chairman, announced that Bugatti and Rimac would combine their strong expertise in hypercars with Rimac’s incredible innovation in the highly promising field of electric mobility. Bugatti was established in 1909 and produced cars for royalty and celebrities before closing down after World War II. In 1987, the brand was revived and closed down again in 1995. Volkswagen relaunched BugattiIn the 1990s and 2000s, Bugatti purchased the logo, name, and site of its original headquarters in eastern France. Bugatti now assembles cars such as the$3 million ChironThe$6 Million DivoIt has 16-cylinder gasoline engines that can drive its cars at speeds of over 300 miles per hour.
Rimac was started by Mate Rimac (21 years old) in 2009.Electric cars such as the Rimac Concept_One, a $1 million, 1,224 horsepower car, and the Rimac Nevera, a $2.4 million, 1,900-horsepower electric car.? It specializes in battery and electric powertrain development. It counts Jaguar, Aston Martin, and the Swedish supercar maker Koenigsegg as clients.
The engineering of the $2 million Pininfarina electric car, which will be built by the Italian company Pininfarina, is being supplied by the Croatian firm.